Saturday, October 3, 2009

so desu ne..

i miss learning nihon.
although, i have been out of the loop of learning hiragana, kanji and katakana.
I know i won't survive the basic convo with a native if i were to talk to one. I can recall when i had a layover in tokyo, i tried to speak to the clerks and ask them "what time is it" , I can remember how they looked at me, i thought ok maybe the didn't hear me, so i repeated myself but this time i had motion towards my wrist as if i was pointing to a watch. They replied in japanese which i was giddy, but than i thought, i think my japanese suck. All that learning with my sensei in class. To try to speak of a simple phrase, made me very conscious of what i was saying. In fact, i was discourage..
So after only taking one semester of japanese, do you guys ever consider yourself of "speaking" japanese. If people asked you what languages you speak? Would it be ok to tell people that even though you've only had 5 months of basic japanese?

No comments: